VISIT REGIONAL VICTORIA
What’s on in Wangaratta over Easter:
Brown Brothers Easter Festival,15 to 16 April 2017
Relaxing day in the gardens of the Brown Brothers Winery at Milawa. Heaps of activities and fun for the whole family. Including jumping castles, four course lunch at Patricia’s Table and Easter Scavenger Hunt. www.brownbrothers.com.au
What’s on in Mornington Peninsula over Easter
- Lights by Dreamworks – The Experience, Rosebud Village Green, Rosebud, 3939
25 March to 30 April
Lights by DreamWorks is an interactive, walkthrough experience for all ages which will attract local and international visitors to marvel at more than 100 of DreamWorks characters brought to life.
Modelled on the traditional Chinese Lantern Festival, Lights by DreamWorks features huge illuminated figures familiar to fans of the Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon and Madagascar movies. Visitors to the exhibition will also meet the stars and be treated to a variety of scenography pieces, LED furnishings, themed technology and learning zones, children’s rides and an animatronic dragon.
- Point Nepean on Easter Saturday – http://www.visitmorningtonpeninsula.org/ThingsToDo/Events/FindWhatsOn/tabid/208/View/4785/Point-Nepean-Portsea-Craft-Market/Default.aspx
- Flinders on Easter Sunday – http://www.visitmorningtonpeninsula.org/ThingsToDo/Events/FindWhatsOn/tabid/208/View/4302/Flinders-Market/Default.aspx
- Sand sculpting at Frankston continues… (for social) http://www.visitmorningtonpeninsula.org/ThingsToDo/Events/FindWhatsOn/tabid/208/View/4945/Sand-Sculpting-Australia-Presents-Lands-of-Imagination/Default.aspx
What’s on in Beechworth/Rutherglen/Kirbys Flat over Easter
- Golden Horseshoes Festival. 14-17 April
- With a Bollywood theme in 2017, the program will include all the festival favourites including the Grand Parade on Easter Saturday, Bollywood dance performances & workshops and, of course, the Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday. For a full list of activities, go to www.beechworthgoldenhorseshoes.com.au
- Beechworth Honey and Beechworth Bakery are the major sponsors of the event and management from each of those organisations would be available for media opportunities.
- In 2017, John Dermer is celebrating 50 years as a potter. John Dermer’s Easter Exhibition runs from 15-18 April, 9am -5pm. 225 Kirby’s Flat Rd, Yackandandah. www.johndermer.com.au
- John Dermer has been producing fine pots since 1967 and has to his credit many works in private and public collections both in Australia and overseas.
- Amongst those of note are works in the new Parliament House (Cabinet Entry) Canberra, (Federal) High Court Building, Australia National Gallery, State and regional galleries and museums as well as important private collections. John has held one person exhibitions both in Australia and Japan since 1971 and appears in many publications on ceramics and art in Australia.
- John would be happy to field media requests to discuss his work.
- To round out the weekend, various Rutherglen wineries have special activities going on over Easter. explorerutherglen.com.au
What’s on in the Grampians over Easter
For all the latest and greatest, visit www.visitgrampians.com.au
Easter is a spectacular time of the year in the Grampians – crisp Autumn mornings give way to beautiful clear days, vintage is in nearing completion and there’s plenty of events to entertain.
Nitro Circus Horsham
What’s on in Gippsland over Easter
- The Tarra Festival. 13 – 18 April
- Now in its 45th year, the Tarra Festival has grown in popularity and size each year. For 2017, the theme of the festival will be “Dreamtime”, featuring the stories of the GunaiKurnai people.
- Highlights include a Street Parade on Easter Saturday, featuring floats from local schools and community groups, horses, penny farthings, vintage cars, trucks and more. There are street entertainers, sausage sizzles, cake stalls and fun for everyone. http://tarrafestival.com.au/
What’s on in Falls Creek over Easter
Fun for the whole family in Falls Creek over the Easter holiday period, Fri 14th – Sun, 16th April
Family Fun return to Falls Creek this Easter with the Falls Creek Easter Festival. Enjoy a weekend away packed with chairlift rides, mountain biking, big breakfast, Easter egg hunt, eggs-traordinary egg toss, kids’ club, cinema, yoga and lots more. http://www.fallscreek.com.au/events/falls-creek-easter-festival?s=16/03/2017&t=18/03/2017
Check out for yourself what Falls Creek can offer outside of the snow season. Falls Creek Resort Management is keen to hear from suitable media and can offer complimentary accommodation for a visit during the Easter holidays.
What’s on in Bendigo over Easter
- Hazeldene’s Bendigo Easter Festival, April 14 – 17.
- Australia’s oldest running cultural festival, featuring Sun Loong, the world’s longest imperial Chinese dragon. The festival is a spectacular celebration of Chinese heritage and the Bendigo community offering days filled with fun, excitement, parades and interactive activities for people of all ages.
- http://www.bendigotourism.com/whats-on/next-7-days/event/2618-hazeldene-s-bendigo-easter-festival and http://www.bendigoeasterfestival.org.au
- House of Mirrors, April 7 – 30
- Take a fascinating walk through exclusive Victorian installations composed of a labyrinth of seemingly endless mirrors, a play on the 19th Century mirror mazes. Presented by Bendigo Art Gallery and La Trobe Arts Institute. Getting out is an art…
- This is a Victoria first in the beautiful Rosalind Park.
- Collective vision: 130 years, March 4 – May 28
- Bendigo Art Gallery celebrates 130 years in operation this year with an exhibition showcasing its amazing permanent collection. It includes a wide range of works from historic to contemporary, the favourites and the undiscovered.
- Vision Australia Easter Egg Hunt, April 14
- On Good Friday, over 85,000 Cadbury Easter Eggs are hidden in straw at Bendigo Rosalind Park for over 3,000 children to find. This is one of the all-time favourite of the Bendigo Easter Festival.
- You can see all events on in Bendigo over Easter at http://www.bendigotourism.com/whats-on/whats-on-this-month/04/2017
What’s on in the Alpine Shire Region over Easter
- 14 April to 5 May – Wandiligong Public Hall’s Autumn Craft and Produce Market, Wandiligong
- Taste new seasons apples, and marvel at the abundance of homemade preserves. Fill up your basket with cakes, biscuits and other indulgent treats. For the keen gardener there are rare plants and bulbs to choose. A wide selection of handmade cards, jewellery, hand dyed scarfs, and other knitted goods for all ages. Colourful blankets, cushions, and other novelty gifts.
- 14 to 17 April – Pick Your Own Chestnuts, Wandiligong
- Venue: Wandiful Produce, 795 Morses Creek Rd, Wandiligong
- Time: 10am to 4pm
- Would you like to know when the chestnuts start to fall? It’s an exciting time for those who know chestnuts, love to roast fresh ones and enjoy them with family and a glass of red wine.
- We also offer a peeling service, so you can pick your chestnuts and have them peeled (only takes 5 mins) ready to use straight away or store in the freezer for when you want to use them, perhaps at Christmas time.
- 15 April – Rotary Easter Markets, Centenary Park Bright
- Contact: brightrotary.org.au/markets
- Cost: Free entry
- Enjoy a “Magical Easter in Beautiful Bright” at the annual Bright Rotary Easter Saturday Markets from 9am to 2pm.
- 15 April – Bright Make It Bake It Grow It Markets, Howitt Park Bright
- Venue: Howitt Park, Bright
Contact: Bright Chamber of Commerce 0457 953 586
A visit to the Bright markets is shopping heaven if you’re looking for something original, something handmade, something special, something organic, something recycled, something ethical. You’ll find artworks, woodwork, homewares, gifts and skincare as well as gorgeous fashion and jewelry by local designers.
- 15 April – Picnic in the Vineyard – Live music and wine, Ringer Reef Winery
- Contact: ringerreef.com.au
- Come and enjoy the beautiful setting with live music and picnic in the vineyard on Saturday afternoon. From 12pm onwards, guests are welcome to BYO chairs, rugs, balls, games etc. and sit out on the terrace & lawn and enjoy the tunes, wine & views! With local produce nibbles and Annie’s seasonal platters available from the Cellar Door, you’re sure to have a ball relaxing or grooving on the lawn. Enjoy some chilled out tunes from local musos from 6pm until 9pm. No BYO alcohol.
- 16 April – Harrietville Duck Race and Market, Harrietville
- Venue: Tavare Park, Harrietville
- Contact: email@example.com
Cost: Free entry
- A friendly, colourful market on the banks of the beautiful Ovens River in Harrietville. There will be an exciting variety of stalls including jewellery, clothes, garden sculptures and plants, produce, camping and sporting equipment, BBQ, coffee and live Alpine Radio broadcast. Don’t miss the annual Duck Race, raising funds for the Harrietville Primary School.
What’s on at Phillip Island over Easter
- Churchill Island Heritage Farm will host its 9th annual Easter Fun Festival over the Easter weekend. This traditional festival promises to entertain the whole family with old fashioned farming activities and demonstrations, live music on the festival lawn, entertainment and an exclusive kids’ workshop and games area on Fiddlers’ Green, working draught horses and vintage caravans. The exciting Easter Egg Hunt returns on Sunday between 10am and 1pm.
- Price: Free entry with a 4 Parks Pass*Adult (16+) $58.00; Children (4 – 15) $28.90; Family (2A + 2C) $144.90, or a Churchill Island entry ticketAdult (16+) $12.80; Children (4 – 15) $6.40; Family (2A + 2C) $32.00.
What’s on along the Surf Coast this Easter
- Rip Curl Pro, 12th to 24th April, 2017
- The Rip Curl Pro is the second event on the 2017 World Surf League (WSL) World Tour. The event holds a very special place in surfing folklore, as the longest running world championship level contest on the World Tour.
- The Rip Curl Pro is celebrating 56 years and the world’s best male and female surfers are in town to compete for professional surfing’s most treasured trophy – the Rip Curl Pro Bell.
- Day on the Hill, Sunday 16th April 2017
- Flagstaff Hill in Warrnambool plays host to the ‘Day on the Hill’ festival on Easter Sunday. The festival includes Australian music acts, activities and events for the entire family that will entertain crowds across the day.