NEW GRANTS PROGRAM FOR VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS
Volunteer firefighting brigades in Werribee electorate can now apply for grants of up to $250,000, thanks to a new $10 million program funded by the Andrews Labor Government.
The program will be administered by the CFA to support vital volunteer brigade equipment and facility upgrades, as well as local initiatives that strengthen volunteerism and brigade culture.
Grants will be provided to projects that address a range of key criteria, including:
- Addressing immediate needs and enhancing operational capability
- Improving culture, diversity and fairness
- Strengthening volunteer leadership skills
- Encouraging recruitment, retention and recognition of volunteers
- Reflecting the evolving needs and demographics of the communities that volunteer brigades serve.
The grants program has been funded through the additional $60 million that the Labor Government announced for Victoria’s fire services in October.
Brigades in Werribee electorate have until the end of February 2018 to apply. For more information, visit cfa.vic.gov.au
Quotes attributable to Member for Werribee Tim Pallas
“I encourage brigades in Werribee district to take advantage of this new program and apply right away.”
“We are supporting volunteers by providing them with more funding than ever before because that is exactly what they deserve.”